Thursday 23 August 2012

Cute Elephant Card


Evening everyone,

I bought this cute Penny Black elephant stamp a little while ago now. I have stamped it and coloured it quite a few times but hadn't actually made any cards with it. My Gran has been unwell so thought that this would be the perfect stamp for a card to cheer her up.

I also wanted to enter the "favourite colour" challenge over at the Crafting Cafe group on facebook. My favourite colour is purple, but when I looked at my stash I realised I actually have very few purple papers so struggled a bit. So I decided to do a bit of recycling - the dark purple is from a cereal box, but I loved the colour so much I couldn't just throw it away!




To colour in the image I used copics and promarkers:

C1, C3, C5, pale pink for the elephant
B32 for the butterfly
Gold, Canary for the middles of the daisies


I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Mad for Markers - Anything goes
Divas by Design - Anything goes

Thanks for looking.

Katie xx


5 comments:

  1. An adorable card Katie, I love the way you've coloured the elephant and the purple cereal box is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just gorgeous. What an adorable elephant stamp. Beautiful card.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute card! That is one of my favourite penny black stamps but I can't remember the last time I used it! TFI

    Thanks for playing at Mad for Markers this month.

    Happy crafting
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie very cute card. I have this stamp and haven't used it in ages - I am now inspired. Awesome use of the cereal box as well - must go raid my pantry for some further inspiration.

    Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking - I always love to receive comments and feedback! x