Wednesday 29 August 2012

Dad's Birthday Card


Evening bloggers,

Today I am going to show you the card I made for my Dad's birthday. I used the Michael Powell beach huts stamp which I love. You might have seen the card I made before where I coloured the image in greys. I really liked that effect, but wanted to add a bit more colour to this card, so I just added colour to the beach huts to make them stand out more. I used copics to colour in the image - cool greys for the background and B32 and G21 for the beach huts.

I don't think you can see very well from this photo but I also decoupaged the image. I stamped the image three times. I kept the first image whole, cut the second image above the beach huts and cut the third image above the foreground and the boat. I then used foam squares to stick the layers on top of each other. 


I also wanted to do something a bit different to an ordinary fold card, so I got a scalloped card and folded the front back on itself.


I was pleased with how it turned out. It made me laugh as when my dad thanked me for it he said it bore a striking resemblance to the one my mum gave him as she also does cardmaking and used the same image!

Thanks for looking and thanks to everyone who has commented on my other blog posts. I always love reading your comments.

Katie xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this stamp too. Love the way you have used it ! Michael Powell has some lovely Xmas stamps out now too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stamp and a fabulous card for your Dad. I love the colours and papers you have used.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card..I love the stamp...

    Chrissie...x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the fold and the scene is fabulous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking - I always love to receive comments and feedback! x